Wednesday, June 15, 2005

So the moment of peace didn't last...

Saturday evening - driving to Brooklyn. Normally a 20 minute drive, became a 2.5 hour excursion. The traffic was rediculous. Now why would the DOT close down 4 out of 5 lanes? Me thinkith it tis to screw with all the motorists and piss off the new yorkers on the road by forcing them to view and experience the incompetence of Jersey and Connecticut drivers first hand.

So dinner in Brooklyn was good as usual. Karen's folks always cook up a mean dinner spread. And I can't say no to a well cooked meal - who would?

Anyway, we leave around 1130pm and as usual I take my normal route back to the Belt Pkwy. Only when I accelerate on the entrance ramp I feel the car sway a bit fight after a loud pop. Apparently my rear right tire blew out, now unlike most idiots I did not stop on the highway, especially since there was no should and I would have been stranded right after a blind turn. This would not have been a good place to be since the oncoming traffic wouldn't have seen me until it was too late. So I ride my chrome rims for about a mile and a half to the next exit and park the car.

I remove the spare tire and prop the car up on a jack only to find out that the tire iron does not fit the bolts. This is b/c the rims are after market rims and the dealership never gave it to me... this is partially my fault as I should have checked to ensure I had all the equipment necessary in such an emergency, my bust. So what is a guy to do but call AAA. Only to find out how incompetent they are. They tell me that my account has been cancelled when it was only a couple months ago since I renewed my contract and they sent my my new card with the expiration date on it even stating sept 2006!!! So I was forced to renew the contract over the phone with a credit card and $55. Could almost be considered highway robbery, but I did exit so guess not huh?

Upon looking at the tire it seems there was some foul play involved. It appears that some villian of sorts or a neighborhood delinquent slashed a slit into the base of the tire near the rim. This would have caused a slow leak out of the air, but the acceleration onto the highway caused the tire to increase its surface area and thus causing the slit to tear wide open. Hence, the blowout.

So now I need 2 new tires in the rear so they are balanced and I need 4 new rims b/c I rode my chrome rim for 1.5 miles rendering it a useless rim. But I can't just replace 1 I have to replace all 4. So let's calculate... 2 tires... $140 a piece, 4 new rims roughly $250 a piece... damn thats almost $1300 for a freakin' idiot kid that thought he'd be funny. Well listen up slappy, payback is a bitch... I hope it comes 10-fold and with such a fury as to put the fear of God into you. Because if I find you, and probably won't, I WILL PUT THE FEAR OF THE DEVIL IN YOU!!!

Ok my ranting is over... on a lighter note, this is my last week at work!!~! WOOOOHOOO!!!!!

1 Comments:

Blogger Paul said...

hey mang--
i sent you an email -- check out ur yellow terror account. =) im not sure how often you check that one so i thought id drop a comment on here letting you know.

2:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home