Thursday, January 19, 2006

A break from the normal serious entries...

So graduation seems to be upon us... yes, I am finally going to graduate. I feel like Jeremy Piven from the movie "PCU" he was in college for like 9 years. I am currently going through the motions to ensure that I walk in the spring commencement.

Here's something retarded for all (3) of my readers to ponder. Acepting your money for what the CUNY system calls "tuition" for services that are never rendered. Mostly because more than 80% of the classes are taught by "adjuncts". Adjunct here is another word for grad-school student. It seems to avert some costs the university has made it mandatory that some grad-school students of CUNY programs teach at the undergraduate level. For instance, I had a "teacher" that was younger than me during my summer 2003. Now when I say younger I'm referring to the fact that he still had not reached puberty yet.

Then there's the class where the "teacher" doesn't even know how to use the software for the course. I actually know more about the class than he does in certain instances. And more often than not he'll ask me a question about the assignments. The class has started just asking me questions directly or for an explanation of the topic at hand. One student has even "tried" to complement my by stating that the school should pay me.

So back to the topic, it seems I have to "apply" for graduation. Doesn't this seem agregiously odd to you as well? What do they think I was doing for the duration of my stay at school? Isn't my curriculum a testimony to graduation. So the purpose has been explained to me somewhat. The process goes as this.

I submit my graduation audit to office of my major. They verify that I have successfully completed all requirements for said major. They then submit my audit to the Office of Registrar, where they also check to verify that I have met all my GER (General Education Requirements) aka Core Requirements, and finally to ensure that I have completed the magic number of 120 credits in doing so. If all is acceptable they all sign off on the audit and I am allowed to graduate.

So here's something that is a bit of a touchy subject to me... Apparently, my school is too good to accept military experience as college credit. All the other senior colleges of the university accept military as some sort of college credit. I don't see why my school or how my school is "too good" to accept it. I don't care what course the credit is accepted as, just so long as it helps the cause of getting me to the magic number of 120.

Since I can see the proverbial "light at the end of the tunnel", I've begun thinking about what I will do with all of my new found time. Tell you the truth, I feel "institutionalized" (from the movie Shawshank Redemption- if you haven't seen the movie, crawl out from your rock and rent/order the movie) like I wouldn't know what to do with myself and will find a way to get sent back to some institution of sorts. But that would mean more studying and exams and papers and crap of that sort which at this point in time I can whole-heartedly say.... NEVER AGAIN!!! But who knows what the future lies for me.

So thats me, and the happenings of my little life. In the words of Nick Professional Sports Guy

Good Night and help control the idiot population... have you stupid friends spayed or neutered.

1 Comments:

Blogger SayNuiBa0 said...

No Comments.

12:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home